CITB (Site Safety Plus)1 Day Health & Safety Awareness
CITB Course Detail
This CITB course has been designed to help operatives and newcomers working in the construction industry to understand the potential hazards that they face on a construction site. It provides a practical summary of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, identifying the delegate’s responsibility for looking after themselves and others.
This course also outlines the employer’s duties and explains what should be done if the worker thinks that anyone else’s health and safety is being put at risk.
This CITB course includes the following elements:
- What is expected of site operatives and how they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
- An understanding of the need to prevent accidents, and the importance of reporting accidents and unsafe acts.
- A basic understanding of health and safety law.
- Understanding the need for risk assessments and method statements.
- Identify how their role fits into the safety management on the site.
- An appreciation of the need to work safely and to stop and ask for advice if unsure.
- An understanding of health & welfare, manual handling, working at height, PPE, fire prevention and control, emergency procedures & first aid, electrical safety on site, hazardous substances, hand-held equipment and tools, noise and vibration, excavations and confined spaces, and site transport safety on site.
Delegates will be assessed using a multiple-choice question format at the end of the course.
While you are with us
- Follow latest Government Guidelines
- Any changes to the above booking will incur an administration charge of £35.00 plus VAT.
- You will be charged 50% of the total cost if cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the date of training,
- 75% of the total cost if cancelled less than 24 hours beforehand.
- If any delegates do not arrive on the day you will be subject to 100% of the total cost.
- In fairness to our Instructor and other delegates on the course, please telephone us on 0203 225 3078 to advise of any lateness/cancellation.
- Late arrivals may be refused entry to the course.
- It is at our discretion to permit a transfer to an alternative course.
Payment required in full prior to course commencement. Your place is not guaranteed until full payment is received
For your Information
- Please ensure you bring photographic ID with you
- Language Guidance. All delegates on the course must have a good understanding of English in order to undertake the multiple choice question paper. If our trainer believes the delegate cannot understand or speak English they have the right to refuse them on to the course. If a delegate can speak and understand English but cannot read English, a staff member can read the question paper out to them. If you require any further guidance, please contact us prior to the course date.
Booking This Course
*Prices subject to vat
Bookings are closed for this course.
Want to spread the cost of your training?
Choose to pay with Klarna on the next step.