1 Day Emergency First Aid at Work
27th April 2023
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
£95.00 + vat
RB Health & Safety
The Emergency First Aid at Work training course has been designed for any member of an organisation who is who has been appointed to take charge of first aid equipment during a first aid emergency.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with sufficient knowledge and confidence to deal with an accident until a qualified first aider or the emergency services take charge of the situation.
All candidates should be aware that the course is of a practical nature therefore casual clothes should be worn.
Objectives: On completion of the Emergency First Aid course candidates will understand: –
- Principles of first aid.
- The action to be taken in the event of an emergency.
- The correct method of basic life support
- AED (Use of an AED, chain of survival)
The Emergency First Aid training course will include sessions on:
- Aims and principles of first aid
- What to do in an emergency
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Assessment and treatment of a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Assessment and treatment of burns and scalds
- Dealing with seizures
- Choking (Adult)
- Resuscitation (Adult CPR)
- Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations
Duration 1 day
Certification of the Emergency First Aid Course is dependent on successful continuous assessment of the student. Assessment will be carried out through observation along with some written exercises. Whilst the written elements are straightforward, candidates require a basic command of English. Students who complete the course and are deemed to have reached the required standard are issued with a certificate which is valid for three years.
Who Should Attend?
Any member of an organisation who is likely to find themselves taking charge of first aid during a first aid emergency.
Booking This Course
*Prices subject to vat
Want to spread the cost of your training?
Choose to pay with Klarna on the next step.